Upcoming Working Groups Activities
“The back to back SNRD/TUEWAS meetings provided the opportunity for exchange of knowledge with colleagues working on green education. We shared methods and practices from each project. It was very inspiring to hear about other project experiences, challenges and success stories. And most important was that we could think of integrate some of their ideas to our project”
- Cristina Georgii, Speaker, WG Green Education
Green Education (GE)
Green Education Working Group is a joint TUEWAS/ SNRD Asia working group. The Working Group is part of and contributes to the work and products of the company-wide Green Education Working Group.
- Maintains a network of green education practitioners who share knowledge and experiences with regard to Green Education in Asia and learn from Green Education projects in the region
- Provides “green” knowledge and develops attitudes and patterns of behaviour that support partner countries in introducing sustainable ways of developing and doing business
- Promotes a shift in values in relation to environmental sustainability and supports individuals and organisations in identifying, experimenting and teaching environmentally sustainable models of behaviour
- Positioning the importance, concept, methodologies and formats of Green Education as a joint working group of TUEWAS and SNRD
- Identification and elaboration of new relevant approaches
- Foster learning through life's experiences and traditional knowledge systems
- Counter narrow conception of rationality with emotional understanding
Shailendra has 17 years of work experience in the development sector in the fields of rural development, urban and industrial environment and decentralisation. He is working with GIZ for the last eight years as Senior Advisor on Capacity Development and Impact Monitoring. Currently he is heading the Quality Assurance Cell of the Urban-Industrial Development Cluster in India. He possesses doctorate degree in Sociology and Post-Graduation in Rural Development.
German- Brazilian. M.A. on Environment & Education and Veterinarian with experience on wildlife medicine and environmental education. Working for ProCEEd since May 2015 as senior adviser for environmental education. Before Laos worked as CIM expert coordinating the environmental education program of the Charles Darwin Foundation, Galapagos Islands- Ecuador and as development adviser in the Philippines, advising on the management of rescue centers and captive breeding programs for endemic endangered wildlife species, as well as, on environmental education programs.