- One sector-specific NAMA-approach is established, coordinated among the main groups of interest and incorporated in the national NAMA-strategy
- Political decision-makers are informed on possibilities to support the reduction of emissions by using NAMAs as well as on possibilities to create incentives and on promoting the use of efficient air conditioning and process cooling supply technology
- Pioneering and examples for reduction measures are implemented in the scope of the technology cooperation and serve for the introduction of new and more efficient technologies
Green Chillers NAMA project is jointly implemented by the Directorate General of New Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (EBTKE) at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It aims to promote the introduction of climate friendly and energy efficient chiller solutions. The Green Chillers project has a particular focus on chiller solutions with hydrocarbon as low Global Warming Potential refrigerants.
The project aims to establish a Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) for industrial and commercial refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, thereby making a significant contribution to meeting Indonesia’s GHG emissions reduction targets. The project will also establishing appropriate incentive mechanisms for the implementation of efficient RAC technology in the selected areas. Moreover, the introduction of green cooling technology in pilot projects in combination with comprehensive capacity building measures will create best practice examples and influence the entire RAC sector.
Field of intervention
- Pilot project implementation
- Training for Capacity Building /li>
- Government, private sectors and academician
- Inventory of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) in Indonesia
- Study of incentive for RAC sector in Indonesia
- 6 Pilot projects implemented by 2017
- Training of Trainer on hydrocarbon refrigerant for RAC sector for 20 persons by 2017