- Enhances the development of markets for green H2 and Power-to-X (green H2/PtX) technologies and applications outside of Europe in cooperations with the private sector
- Seize the opportunities of green H2/PtX by aiming at identifying production and deployment opportunities, exploring pathways, and supporting the realization of Thai-German project ideas and business models.
- Foster innovation, knowledge transfer and eventually support the scaling of production and use of green H2/PtX while strengthening the position of German technology providers as leading innovators in Thailand.
H2Uppp is the global programme implemented in 10 countries around the world including Thailand. H2Uppp will support the policy and market development for green H2 and Power-to-X through studies and trainings as well as through the identification and initiation of public private pilot approaches and projects as well as the promotion and dissemination of knowledge and identification and connection of local and international H2 specialists in particular vis-à-vis the German private sector. H2Uppp promotes green Hydrogen (H2) and Power-to-X (PtX) projects in developing and emerging (ODA) countries in partnership with the industry with the main objective to further develop markets for green H2/ PtX technologies through on-site cooperation.
Field of intervention
- It identifies pilot projects in the partner countries. It investigates possible projects along the H2 value chain that are cost effective and sustainable. As the same time, it finds consumers for the hydrogen produced. It provides technical advice and political support on developing ideas and preparing projects.
- The project supports H2 pilot projects in partner countries through public-private partnerships with German and European countries. These partnerships will be selected via a public invitation to submit tenders (open procedure).
- It compiles analyses and expert studies on market and trade development, and country and sector potentials and business models. The project helps to create supportive frameworks in the partner countries through H2 readiness analyses. To disseminate the knowledge gained, it promotes networking with companies and sector associations as well as think tanks and specialist bodies in Germany, Europe and the partner countries.
- Public benefits
ASEAN , Indonesia , Malaysia , Philippines , Thailand , Viet Nam
January 2022 - June 2026
H2-Uppp runs until 12/2023 with a possible extension until 06/2026