- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) will have an improved decision-making basis for the promotion of area-efficient PV from domestic production.
- Organizations in the field of Research and development can assess the suitability of innovative solutions for space-efficient PV use.
- To provide policy advice to strengthen India technology, leadership, application oriented research.
The project is working on the development of innovative areas of PV, which have not been identified as potential but would be required to be developed to meet the country target of 450GW by 2030. The main aim is the improved conditions for use of innovative, low competition areas for use of land for the expansipn of photovoltaic.
Field of intervention
- Evaluation of expert opinions of internationally recognized research institutes on suitability on the basis of practical testing or feasibility studies and/or peer-reviewed articles regarding technical suitability and land requirements.
- Research and development (R&D) cooperations for the suitability testing of novel, area-efficient PV tech-nology applications for the Indian market were estab-lished between Indian and German research institutes and/or companies.
- Capacity building activities for marketing tools and instruments for rooftop PV among different sectors.
- To demonstrate use of solar in public space known as Urban PV, the project supported for the demonstration of a ‘plug-n-play’ solar PV at various prominent places to create awareness and business models for public charging stations powered by Solar.
- To meet electricity requirement through Renewable Energy, the project is supporting in solarizartion of an Indian state in the concept development and providing consultancy and implementation support.
- National Level – Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- State Level – State Nodal Agency, Electricicty Distribution Companies, State Government Departments
- Municipal Level – Municipal Corporation, Electrcicty Consumers (Residential, Commercial and Government)
- 5 new space-efficient PV technology applications- Agri PV, Floating PV, Building Integrated PV, Urban PV and Road Integrated PV for the Indian market were demonstrated.
- To demonstrate use of solar in public space known as Urban PV, the project installed 2 such systems at Akhshardham Temple, New Delhi.
April 2021 - March 2024