To develop, implement and monitor strategies and action plans towards the improvement of energy efficiency and reduction of greenhouse gas emission for the land transport sectors
The GIZ Project ‘Energy Efficiency and Climate Change Mitigation in the Land Transport Sector in the ASEAN region’ (Transport and Climate Change (TCC) www.TransportandClimateChange.org) aims in turn to develop strategies and action plans for more sustainable transport.
As presented to the ASEAN Land Transport Working group, TCC’s regional activities are in the area of fuel efficiency, strategy development, green freight, and Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions in the transport sector. At the national level the project supports relevant transport and environment government bodies in the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia, for the development of national action plans and improvement of policy monitoring systems. The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Field of intervention
- Fuel Efficiency Policies and Measures
- Two- and Three-Wheelers including electrification
- Green Freight & Logistics
- Data, Indicators & MRV
- At the ASEAN level, TCC advises and supports the implementation of the Kuala Lumpur Transport Strategic action Plan (KLTSP). Input for this plan – which includes a specific chapter on sustainable transport for the first time – was given by TCC I.
- On a national level, TCC supports respective ministries of the participating countries to link their national strategies and action plans for energy efficiency and climate protection in transport to the KLTSP and support implementation measures thereof.
- Regional platform for Fuel Economy and Sustainable Transport Indicators
- Stocktaking on data, policy, and monitoring for sustainable transport and climate change
- Create policy recommendations and push forward the implementation of transport and climate change related policies/measures
- Support Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) for land transport
- Capacity building and training
Knowledge Product / Innovations
15 December 2015 - 31 July 2019