Strengthening climate adaptation and resilience (SAR)
- Target-group specifc information on climate risk management with a specific focus on women and vulnerable communities is available in selected provinces
- Planning and financing of climate change adaptation and climate risk management projects and measures with a specific focus on women and vulnerable communities is strengthened in selected provinces
- The prerequisites for accessing international finance for climate change adaptation and climate risk management are strengthened.
The project “Strengthening Climate Adaptation and Resilience (SAR)” supports the entire planning cycle of climate change adaptation measures: from the preparation of climate risk assessments to the piloting of financing approaches and instruments. It also supports the measures at the local level as well as upscaling through international climate finance.
Approach/Field of intervention
- Climate Risk Assessments
- Planning and financial instruments for climate risk management at the local/provincial level
- Accessing international climate finance
Direct beneficiaries are employees of sector ministries at the national level and subordinate authorities at provincial level and in the relevant sectors (e.g. agriculture, etc).
Indirect target group are people particularly affected by climate risks and their social consequences (including women, youth and other vulnerable populations); furthermore, provincial and local governments that benefit from improved planning, financing and coordination mechanisms in the field of climate risk management.
Highlight activities /Achievements
- Development of Climate Risk Assessments
- Definition of a methodology
- Use of a platform
Key beneficiary is the state-owned utility Electricity Viet Nam (EVN)
ASIA , Pakistan
December 2021 - May 2025