- The Climate Change Commission and other stakeholders of the Philippines ensure a coherent implementation of the climate change policy at the national and subnational levels,
- And contribute to further development of the international climate regime.
The project strengthens the Climate Change Commission and other key actors in implementing and coordinating the national climate change regime as well as developing and operationalizing national contributions to the international climate change regime. Projects results shall be fed into the international climate change negotiations and into relevant international fora (e.g. CVF) by the Climate Change Commission.
The project’s climate change policy measures mobilize public and private resources for “low carbon” solutions. The implementation of land-use and development plans relevant for adaptation secures income structures and prevents economic and ecological damage caused by climate change. Climate-smart economic development increases the competitiveness of the private sector. Renewable energies stabilize the energy supply, increase the attractiveness of the Philippines as an investment location and promote economic development in remote areas.
Field of intervention
- Implementation of the national climate change policy within the frame-work of the Philippine international climate change commitment
- Climate-proof land-use and development planning at local level
- Climate finance
- Renewable energy and energy planning,
- Awareness raising, Knowledge management, networking/interfacing. The projects results will be fed into the international climate change regime.
- Staff of the partner government agencies, both at the national and local government level
- Representatives academe, civil society organizations, and private sector
- Ultimate beneficiaries are the Filipino people affected by climate change
- To the institutional strengthening in implementing the National Climate Change Action Plan
- To the promotion of renewable energy through policy mechanisms such as the Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) and net-metering
- To the capacity building efforts on climate-resilient planning at the subnational level