Thailand Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (RAC NAMA)
To assist Thailand in reaching its pledged goal of emission reduction by working with the Thai Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) sector to develop and promote products that use climate-friendly natural refrigerants and also have high energy efficiency.
By supporting climate friendly and energy efficient cooling technologies, the RAC NAMA project assists Thailand in reaching its energy saving as well as its climate targets as pledged in Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) and Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) submitted to UNFCCC. The project aims to support the industry in staying competitive and will bring international climate finance to the country.
Field of intervention
- Product design and development for natural refrigerant-using products to achieve high energy efficiency and safety level.
- Training of trainers to prepare technicians who can safely service natural refrigerant products.
- Advise the revision of regulations to remove barriers to using natural refrigerant products.
- Support emission reduction target pledged by Thai government.
- Thai producers and end users
Thai public policy makers (in achieving their pledged goals).
- Support producers technically and financially for their production line conversion.
- Training of trainers