We are a cross-sectoral working group comprising of members from TUEWAS (Transport, Environment, Energy and Water in Asia) and SNGA (Governance in Asia). Our work mainly focuses on the topics of urban climate change and urban governance, namely – low carbon development, energy efficiency in buildings, urban resilience, inclusive cities, localizing SDGs, vertical governance integration, urban nexus, metropolitan governance, climate finance decentralized, capacity development, among others.
Created in 2013, pioneers have been the TUEWAS Cities and Climate Change and the SNGA Urban Opportunities working groups, who have been fruitfully cooperating since 2009. Several bilateral and regional programs are represented in the working group.
Our main goals are networking, knowledge management, including joint learning among programs, regional and technical exchange with national and international partners, as well as strengthen the technical and advisory capacities of GIZ staff and partner experts, and work on developing innovative products. We interact through different channels, such as virtual and face-to-face meetings, newsletters, online platform, and innovative subject related webinars.
Issues / Topics
- Webinar Series 2019
- Development and roll-out of a Training on Implementing the International Agendas in/with Cities
- Compilation and analysis of digital/ICT tools for climate-resilient and low-carbon urban development
- Mapping of project indicators (to find common activities among projects and linkages to global Agendas / determine how projects are contributing to their implementation.
Project / Programme
Knowledge Product / Innovations
- Unturning the Stones – Exploring Climate Finance for Asian Cities – Resources overview
- Unturning the Stones – Exploring Climate Finance for Asian Cities – Event Documentation
- Data-base of selected climate and Covid-19 related ICT/digital tools and solutions at the local level
- Compilation and analysis of digital solutions for climate-resilient and low-carbon urban development
- TUrbOCliC Webinar Series Flyer
- “How do I Implement the Global Agenda in My City? Examples and Entry Points for Action” Flyer
- Cities and Climate Change Training Series
- Adaptation to Climate Change into the National and Local Development Planning
- Adaption to Climate Change into the National and Local Development Planning II
- Advancing and Measuring SCP for a low Carbon Economy in Middle Income and Newly Industrialized Countries
- Cities Development Initiative for Asia (CDIA) CDIA IV
- Cities Fit for Climate Change
- DKTI – Integrated and Sustainable Urban Transport Systems for Smart Cities in India
- Financing Energy for Low-carbon Investment - Cities Advisory Facility (FELICITY)
- Inclusive Cities Partnership Programme (ICPP)
- Sino-German Climate Partnership
- Sino-German Environmental Partnership Phase II
- Sino-German Urbanisation Partnership
- Support to National Urban Sanitation Policy II
- Sustainable Land-use Planning & Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Logistics for Cities
- Sustainable Urban Development - Smart Cities
- Transport, Mobility and Logistics