Established since 2006, the Working Group (WG) focuses on climate change mitigation and related policies or actions. It is sector-agnostic and welcome colleagues from various relevant backgrounds, such as waste, forestry, energy, transport or different aspects of climate change mitigation, like financing or MRV.
The regional focus is on Asian countries and their interpretation of climate policy and actions to be taken. The WG is intending to expand its regional cooperation to other SNs and go beyond the TUEWAS-frontier. Through head office, the WG closely receives international expert feedback on the products.
The WG is innovative and motivated with a long history focusing on ‘climate change mitigation’ policy and actions. Around 10 -15 active members join meetings, exchange experiences and share the work packages. The e-mailing list of colleagues interested in the activities recently reached 100+.
Issues / Topics
- Climate change mitigation instruments to implement the Paris Agreement
- Nationally Determined Contributions, climate finance, NAMAs, market mechanisms, ITMOs
- Institutional set-ups for climate change mitigation
- Sectoral implementation of climate goals
- Linkages to the Sustainable Development Goals
Knowledge Product / Innovations